Spring is the perfect time to have your house repaired and renovated. Why? The weather is just right, not too hot, and not too cold, which is why spring cleaning and most home renovations are usually done during this time. Twin Cities Siding Professionals, a company offering quality siding in Twin Cities, offers tips for knowing what to replace and repair during this perfect season.
- Check your windows and doors for air leakage. Air leaks can increase your energy bills. Properly installed doors and windows can keep the air shut tight inside your home, making your home cooler during the hot days and warmer during the cold days. Reduced energy bills can help you save a lot of money as your insulation and air conditioning won’t need to use too much energy to work. Here are a few tips to help you check for air leakage on your doors and windows:
- Make sure that every window and door inside the house is closed, including your dampers and vents.
- Turn on all of the exhaust fans inside the house.
- Light a stick of incense and pass it through your windows’ and doors’ openings. If any smoke exits your house, then that indicates the presence of air leaks.
You might also want to check your windows for any signs of cracks and scratches. Check for loose locks and frames because these need immediate action as well.
- Your siding is one of the things that contribute to your house’s aesthetic appeal. It can be seen by visitors and anyone passing by your house, so you have to make sure that it is always in tip-top shape. One usual problem that comes with siding is peeling paint. Check for any cracks and deteriorating caulking as well. Watermarks might indicate bugs that could be eating up your siding’s material.
These problems can all be resolved by asking Twin Cities Siding Professionals to come to your house and inspect your windows, doors, and siding. Having professionals inspect and repair these components is more prudent than doing it yourself because they are much more experienced and qualified when it comes to identifying housing repair problems. For quality Twin Cities siding repair and replacement, contact us or visit our website today.